As a parent of a child who has downloaded this game or are thinking about downloading this application, you should know some things about the content. Brain Pop is a very much trusted organization and has proved to produce only the best information on the worlds most important things. The organization that makes the movies presented in the application has been well respected for quite some time and has only proved themselves smarter and better as time goes on. Kids should not feel pressured to use this app on a daily because all of the content and videos can be found, even when the content and website changes. You should know that everyday there is a new documentary available for anyone to watch and understand. This app focuses on important topics like taxes, engineering, science, arts and music, health, social studies, and more. The films are animated to keep the young children attention and interest throughout the length. The demonstrations are simple and clear for the young kids to gain an understanding of the situation which is taking place. åÊBrain Pop is for kids 8+ and can also be used by teenagers who need to gain a better understanding of the topic.
Quizzes sometimes follow the videos in order to ensure that the topic is clearly understood. These quizzes are simple and can be retaken as well as the correct answers shown. For your use and your children’s use, these quizzes help teach memory and concept development. Upon opening the app, there is a fact of the day which presents itself on the home page. The fact can be as simple as “April 15th is Tax Day”. åÊA video pertaining to that fact is presented on the home page everyday and all you need to do is hit the play button to hear the new concept review. There are two options to view the video of the day which are the “Movie” button in the top left corner or just by clicking right on the video. There is a quiz everyday which can be taken before, as well as after the video. If you want to see how much your kid knows already and compare it to how much they learned, we suggest to take it before and after the video. A score log is available for parents to see their kids learning patterns, fluency, and struggles. “Related Videos” are presented which in line with the tax concept are labeled as debt, interest, money, percents, mortgage, proportions, ratios, scale drawing, and more. In order to see these videos you must have a subscription or have an account online from the actual website URL. There are two separate subscription options available to chose from if you chose to take the next step. The first one gains full access and includes unlimited in-app access. This includes over 700 movies, quizzes, and more everyday which cover a variety of different important topics. This option is only $6.99 a month. The $1.99 option gains access to 4 “related” movies to each concept everyday. Here are some of the topics covered…
- Science – (cellular life and genetics, diversity of life, earth system, ecology and behavior, energy, famous scientists, forces of nature, matter and chemistry, motions forces and time, nature of the universe, environment, space, and weather)
- Social Studies- (free movies, african american, ancient cultures, culture, economics, elections, famous figures, geography, hispanic heritage, the law, US gov, US history, US presidents, Women’s history, and world history)
- English – (Famous authors and books, grammar, study and reading skills, writing)
- Math – ( algebra, data analysis, geometry, measurement, numbers and operations, probability, ratio, proportion, and percent)
- Arts and Music- (art concepts, famous artists and musicians, learning music, marking music, musical genres)
- Health – (back to school, body systems, diseases, injuries, conditions, genetics, growth, development, nutrition, and personal health)
- Engineering- (Communications, computer science, digital citizenship, energy technology, science and industry, and simple machines)
Free movies include topics such as Jane Goodall, Mars, cells, Martin Luther King JR., Civil War, Stocks and Shares, and Blogs.
We strongly advise children to use this app on a daily basis due to the amount of important and raw information which cannot be displayed as nicely and effectively anywhere else. Our support level for this app is a 5/5 and the overall experience with subscription is a 5/5. Learning rating comes in at a 5/5 as well comparing to most other applications like Brain Pop. For children in upper elementary school and anyone above the age of 8, Brain Pop is an extremely useful application to have.